Friday, December 16, 2005

Timing . . .

Do we have our timing right?
Will it work this time?
I trust him, but will others?
Will they let me? Or will they try to erode my trust in him?

He doesn't trust so easily anymore.
He now knows how I feel.
He admits he was bad and wrong.
That means the world.

He trusts me because he knows I never lied to him.
He says he'll never lie to me again.
And I trust him.
Will others support me?

I know what I want.
I want him to be only mine. Forever.
I want to hold his hand in public.
And not worry what others think.
I want to know him again.
Better than before.

Do we have our timing right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Wow. That's beautiful. Thanks for posting it!

10:37 AM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger kaphine said...

Gee. I haven't been over here in a while.

If you wrote this about N., I want to let you know, I'll support you. Without judgement. Without interjecting any oppinions.

I know that people can grow up. I know they can get their shit together. I don't know that he has, but I'm not in a possition to know that he hasn't. You may be. You're the only one who knows if he's got it together enough for you.

Do you want me to call you sometime soon?

1:10 PM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger Jess. said...

Thanks for the comments, both of you. This was stream-of-conciousness-turned-poetry to get it out of my head. I'm glad someone else could appreciate it, too.

Kaphine, you're right about the subject matter. You can't possibly know how much your words about it mean to me. Now if I really knew if he had it together or not. . . I'll call you soon (free long-distance on the cell phone, you know).

10:05 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger kaphine said...

You're welcome. And yeah, I think I know how much it means. And probably how unexpected my support may be. But, gee, if I can get here from where I was eight years ago, I have to hold out the possibility for others.

10:24 AM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home